>> India City Tour
>> Hyderabad City Tour
Situated on the banks of Musi River and Deccan Plateau, Hyderabad is the state capital of the State of Andhra Pradesh, South India. It is a historic and historical city of India endowed with a variety of cultures. The city is also known as the “City of Pearls” or the “City of Nizams”. The city still preserves beautiful old edifices built in the medieval, mughal, colonial and Indo-Saracenic styles.
Hyderabad is also a major hub for information technology industry in India. Several national and multination companies in the field of IT & Software industry have established their offices in the city. Hence the city is also called the “Hi-Tech City” or sometimes also described as the “Cyberabad”. The city is also home to the world’s largest film studio, the Ramoji Rao Film City. It is also home to Telugu Film Industry called Tollywood - the second largest in India. The city is also venues for several national and international games. Every year several national and international games & sports are conducted here.
Being a major city of India, Hyderabad is also one of the most important tourist destinations in the country. Hyderabad city tour provides tourists wonderful opportunity to observe the marvelous blend of age-old culture & tradition and modernity. A visit to Hyderabad city provides tourists opportunity to visit the several ancient monuments showing age-old charm and rich cultural heritage of India. You will surly enjoy Hyderabad city tours. For tourists the city has a lot to offer. Key attractions of Hyderabad city are ---
Heritage & Historical Monuments in Hyderabad
Palace Attractions in Hyderabad
- Charminar - It is a major landmark and perhaps the most visited attraction in the city. With four graceful minarets it is beautiful heritage monument in the city and attracts visitors from all over the
- Golconda Fort - It is one of the most magnificent fort complexes in India. It gives visitors glimpse of ancient splendor and grandeur. Its location and internal design made it one of the strongest forts in the world.
- Qutub Shahi Tombs - Located near magnificent Golconda Fort Complex, Qutub Shahi Tombs are home to various tombs dedicated to rulers of Qutub Shahi Dynasty. These tomb monuments are excellent example of Deccan art & architecture with large minarets, huge domes, exquisite marble designs and multiple inner passages. The tombs monuments are marvelous blend of Indian and Persian architectural styles constructed in granite & marble and decorated with fine ornamentation.
- Paigah Tombs - Paigah Tombs are recently discovered series of mausoleums. These are known for unique geometrical sculptures. It is a marvelous kind of work done on the marble, so skillfully and so finely, it is hard to say whether it is marble unless you touch it for yourself.
Religious Monuments & Places in Hyderabad
- Chowmahalla Palace - The seat of Asaf Jahi dynasty - Today it is venue for conferences
- Asman Garh Palace - A museum displaying archaeological relics
- Falaknuma Palace - Noted for mughal ambiance, Italian marble staircases and ornate fountains - Now converted into a Heritage Hotel
- Taramati Baradari Palace - Built by a Qutub Shahi sultan
- Purani Haveli - The official residence of Nizams.
- King Kothi Palace - The residence of last Nizam - Mir Osman Ali Khan
Museums in Hyderabad
- Birla Mandir - a Hindu Temple made of white marble
- Chilkur Balaji Temple - also called Visa Balaji Temple
- Ashtalakshmi Temple - a Hindu Temple dedicated to Goddess Laxmi
- Mecca Masjid - a stone-built mosque remarkable for its exquisite architecture
- Ananda Buddha Vihara - a Buddhist tourist destination housing a meditation hall, a museum and many houses for Buddhist monks.
- Sanghi Temple - a beautiful temples dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara
Lakes in Hyderabad
- Salar Jung Museum - Houses the largest one-man collection of antiques in the world.
- Birla Science Museum - A beautiful science centre showing the advances made in the field of science and technology.
- Birla Planetarium - A splendid building with a big dome looks similar like Gol Gumbaz of Bijapur.
Parks & Gardens in Hyderabad
- Hussain Sagar Lake
- Osman Sagar Lake
- Shamipet Lake
- Durgam Cheruvu (Secret Lake)
Other Attractions in Hyderabad
- Nehru Zoological Park
- NTR Gardens - located besides IMAX Theatre
- India Park
- KBR National Park
- Lumbini Park
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park
- Public Gardens
How to Reach Hyderabad
- Ramoji Rao Film City - Largest Film Studio in the world
- Ravindra Bharati - the state for performing arts
- Necklace Road - A picturesque spots for evening activities
- Laad Bazaar - Also called Chudi Bazaar noted for exquisite bangles, jewelry & pearls
- Hyderabad Pearls - famous for pearl shops
- HITEC City - Hyderabad
- Many Resorts like Golconda Spa cum Resort, Pragati Green Meadows, Alankrita Resorts, Lahari Resorts, etc.
Hyderabad is well-connected by domestic and international flights.
Hyderabad is well-connected by rail with major cities of India.
Hyderabad is well-linked with all the major cities Andhra Pradesh and neighboring states like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, and Maharashtra.